We’re Making a Difference
Simply put, we’re a hotel with a conscience. The land at The Forks has been of cultural significance for thousands of years, commanding reverence and respect to ensure its preservation.
We’re proud to have attained a Five Green Key Rating, the highest distinction awarded by the Hotel Association of Canada for environmental initiatives. And we continually review and evolve our policies, believing in active and meaningful participation in green strategies.
Green Key Rating
Inn at the Forks has been awarded the prestigious Five Green Key rating with the Hotel Association of Canada. We are recognized as a hotel that that exemplifies the highest standards of environmental and social responsibility throughout all areas of operations. The hotel employs cutting edge technologies, policies, and programs that set the international standard for sustainable hotel operations.
Inn at the Forks is committed to environmental sustainability through our environmental practices and by promoting awareness and education within our community and our hotel. We recognize the impact of our operations on the environment and we are focused on being an increasingly efficient green hotel.
- Compliance with related environmental legislation and take a proactive approach towards future obligations
- Conservation of natural resources and materials through responsible use throughout our facility while avoiding unnecessary use of hazardous materials.
- Promote awareness and educate employees and guests on our environmental commitment and encourage environmental responsibility.
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible products where possible while maintaining a high quality of service to our guests.
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimize our impact on our operations by measuring our current performance and examining new practices.
CEO Sparrow Hotels, GM Inn at the Forks
- Recycling of all Paper, Cardboard, Glass, Plastic, Cans, Toner Cartridges
- Unusable linens, unclaimed lost and found items and used amenities are donated
- Gift Cards are made of recycled content and are recycled once used
- Food scraps are composted
- Used cooking oil is recycled and used as bio-diesel for maintenance vehicles at The Forks
- Surplus food items are provided to staff, or donated
- Linen reuse program to reduce laundry energy
- Electric chafing dishes in banquets
- Building features energy efficient lighting, water conserving fixtures and a temperature conservation program
- Building fitted with motion lights or auto shut off lights
- Lobby and restaurant lights dimmed in evening to save energy and create ambiance
- Electrical equipment is shut off when not in use
- Focused use of electronic versions of brochures, information and marketing materials instead of paper
- All paper products contain recycled content and use vegetable based inks
- Take out containers, cups, amenity packaging made from biodegradable and compostable materials
- Guestrooms feature in-room recycling boxes in guestrooms & reusable canvas laundry bags
- Environmentally friendly guestroom amenities used and only refilled when 50% used
- Cleaning products are green approved and are dye and fragrance-free
- Newspapers are available to guests on request only
- Pencils used for meetings instead of pens
- Whiteboards are available instead of paper flip charts
- Water coolers provided instead of bottled water
- Condiments offered in bulk instead of individual packaging
- Local and organic food sourcing and we grow our own herbs
- We work with suppliers that share our vision of environmental sustainability wherever possible.