EMPLOYER: Inn at the Forks
POSITION TITLE: Corporate Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: Angela DoCouto, Director of Sales | Sparrow Hotels
Responsible for identifying company growth opportunities in the corporate market segment and working to actively solicit clients/accounts to foster this growth. Ensuring any client specifications and expectations are met and any complaints/issues are identified and resolved. Maintains open communications with all departments to improve overall hotel operations.
• Solicits and books new corporate business opportunities while maintaining existing business.
• Responsible for maintaining and development of the Corporate Negotiated Rate existing program, while soliciting new accounts that are ideal to the property.
• Negotiates and books group guestrooms blocks, by profitably negotiating room rates, working with clients to obtain rooming lists and entering rooming lists (if necessary).
• Details corporate catering functions/conferences/events when possible.
• Addresses and resolves any client issues/complaints regarding their experience.
• Assists in developing new marketing and selling strategies to secure new corporate accounts that maximize revenues and meet/exceed sales goals, including contribution to social media strategies.
• Develops and enhances key corporate business and travel industry accounts to maintain and increase market share.
• Coordinates with internal departments to meet specific client requirements while responding to any client issues, comments and problems promptly and efficiently.
• Entertains (meals) and conducts hotel tours for potential clients.
• Participates in trade shows and professional or community organizations to maintain high visibility in the marketplace to achieve sales/revenue goals.
• Attends offsite events (day/evening) to network and build relationships with prospective corporate clients.
• Travel may be required.
• Works directly with revenue management team to assist with market demands and maximization of segment.
• Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
• Utilizes yield management techniques by profitably negotiating room rates and function space commitments to enhance hotel’s financial performance.
• Maintains accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system.
• Develops strong customer relationships through frequent communications and the use of professional, courteous, and ethical interpersonal interaction.
• Conducts research, surveys and studies marketplace territory in order to effectively capitalize on hotel’s strengths and competitors’ weaknesses and capabilities.
• Represents the hotel using the highest levels of integrity and professionalism with a service-focused approach and a caring, sincere attitude at all times.
• Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communications with all co-workers to ensure the best overall performance on the hotel.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Responsibilities include facilitating company growth opportunities, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, addressing client complaints and resolving problems.
The Corporate Sales Manager’s performance is measured by the effective growth of hotel key accounts and increased market share.
To perform in this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Completion of University degree and four to five years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. * Less education/experience for an entry level candidate* Accomplished computer, marketing, and strong interpersonal skills are required.
Ability to read and write correspondence including information that is related to sales, marketing and client specifications. Ability to communicate in order to instruct, supervise, and troubleshoot.
Ability to carry out basic and sometimes complex numeric calculations on a regular basis.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Monday, September 16, 2019.