JOBS AT INN AT THE FORKS
SALES + CATERING ADMINISTRATOR
Date: January 31, 2022
Position Title: Sales and Catering Administrator
Type: Full Time
Reports To: Executive Sales Manager
Inn at the Forks is a luxury boutique property situated at The Forks, Manitoba’s premier tourist destination. The hotel features 116 guestrooms and suites, approximately 8000 sq. ft. of meeting and function space, as well as SMITH Restaurant and the Riverstone Spa.
Responsible for assisting the Sales & Catering Department with all aspects of client service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generating proposals and contracts
- Managing and making changes to the templates for proposals and contracts
- Rooming Lists, entering and managing all rooming lists from clients
- General administration duties such as making calls, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Updating menu items and codes in the property management system (POS)
- Making updates to packages
- Preparing Banquet Event Orders for clients and internal use (BEO’s)
- Creating / Printing signage, labels, and menus
- Create effective space plan layouts for event set ups
- Assists in periodic menu pricing reviews with management.
- Assists the sales department with customer database and intelligence
- Acts as a public relations liaison with clients
- Assists with site tours when needed
- Assists with hotel social events
- Develops strong customer relationships through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous, and ethical interpersonal interaction
- May be required to work weekends and evenings on occasion
- Proficient with relevant hotel computer systems/ software, e-mail, copier and relevant computer programs
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Preparing Gift Certificates or Gift Cards
- Ordering office supplies
- Coordinating supplies and repairs for office equipment Making phone calls if photocopier is down or ordering toner and assisting staff
- Covering for Sales Department if on Holidays (checking emails, phone calls)
- Attending Tradeshows and representing the hotel when needed
- Managing all the Sales and Catering files on internal computer network
To perform in this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and additional duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of High School education and two to three years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Hotel management courses an asset. Strong interpersonal, communication, multi-tasking and time management skills are required.
Ability to read and write and speak in English, including information that is related to Hotel operations. Ability to communicate effectively in order to instruct and troubleshoot.
Ability to carry out basic and sometimes complex numeric calculations on a regular basis.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists.
The environment is typical of a normal office and full-service hotel. Our Sales and Catering Administrator is in the sales office primarily but will be required to move around the hotel to interface with clients and other hotel departments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The mental characteristics necessary to competently perform in this position include the need to continuously be: alert, precise, resourceful, negotiate, compare, analyze, read, write, concentrate, be persuasive, problem solve, supervise, use memory, creativity, imagination, good judgement, reasoning, initiative, patience, and auditory and visual perception. To frequently solve basic and complex numeric calculations.